Saturday, September 29, 2012

Sep 29, 2012: 33-yr-old gang-raped in southeast Delhi

TNN | Sep 28, 2012, 01.51AM IST
NEW DELHI: A woman was allegedly drugged and gang-raped by five men, including her live-in-partner, in southeast Delhi. The rapists also filmed the whole act with their cellphone cameras and stole Rs 5 lakh. One Azhar— the live-in partner— has been arrested, but others are on the run.

The incident occurred in the New Friends Colony police station area on September 17. The woman (33) was married twice and has a son. She had been in a live-in relationship with Azhar for four years; but that Monday, Azhar came home with four of his friends. "One of them made her drink a soft drink laced with sedatives. She fell unconscious, and the men took turns to rape her. They even filmed her, took still photos of her in the nude. They later threatened to upload the photos if she went to the cops," said a senior police officer.

On September 25, a case was registered only after the woman approached the senior cops. Medical examination confirmed rape and Azhar was arrested.
Link: 33-yr-old gang-raped in southeast Delhi

2 comments:

  1. I am happy(?) that you have done more posts in September. (Actually, I would be happiest if there was a significant decrease in the number of incidents of abuse against women, and that there was no need for such a blog.) You have provided more posts than the small number in August, but still fewer than in August, and far fewer than the 100(+) per month average that you have maintained.
    I hope that my post can help.
    http://mickyandrani.blogspot.in/2012/09/stop-abusing-women-sept-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Micky - Thanks for your comments about my blog and listing it in your favorites. I indeed appreciate your following up and spreading a word about it. Violence against women is our societies' nemesis and we see that a lot happening in India (although I'll admit despite data emerging from two major sources is already under-reported ... can't even imagine the actual numbers to be like what!)

      Your observation about significant decline in the number of posts in July-Aug. is bang on. It didn't actually decline at all but I had been on the move and as you pointed out that it got a little out of my radar due to my busier schedule. Anyhow, things are back to normal and I am to my usual routine of covering these stories. If you find some news on the similar topics, please forward to on my blog and I'll be happy to add it to the compilation. Thanks again for raising awareness through the blog, hopefully there will be some day when we will have a violent free society!

      Delete