Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Jul 17, 2012: Businessman kills mother-in-law, commits suicide

, TNN | Jul 17, 2012, 05.27AM IST
RANCHI: A man hanged himself after killing his mother-in-law on Monday at KK Colony in Burdwan Compound area. The man has left behind a five-page suicide note and a 16 page-long note on reasons that prompted him to murder his mother-in-law.
Uttam Chaudhary, who dealt in real estate, mentioned in his suicide note that his mother-in-law Namita Maulik kept his wife and daughter with her and never allowed him to meet them. He stated in his note 'she used to torture me mentally and financially and used to blackmail me in the name of my daughter.'
Chaudhary claimed his wife, Chumki, was 'mentally and physically dull'. "She and was not able to perform her duties of a wife or mother," Uttam wrote in the note. It further read, "This was a reason she was not allowed to live with me by my mother-in-law. I used to live in Delhi and every time I came to Ranchi I was not allowed to meet my daughter and after quitting my job in 2010, when I came back to settle down in Ranchi, my mother-in-law did not allow me to stay with my wife and daughter."
Uttam took a flat in Hatia and occasionally used to visit his mother-in-law's place to meet his daughter. DSP, Anuranjan Kispotta said, "Uttam went to meet his mother-in-law at around 1:45 pm when she was alone in house to convince her to let his wife and daughter stay with him. When she rejected his proposal, he murdered her and then hanged himself. He was frustrated owing to his miserable matrimonial life and unnecessary interference by his mother-in-law."
In his suicide note, Uttam wrote that he wished that his body be handed over to his wife and the last rituals be performed by his daughter.
Officer in charge of Lalpur PS, Venkatesh Kumar said, "Two separate cases have been registered, one of murder and another of suicide. Appropriate action will be taken after further investigation."
Link: Businessman kills mother-in-law, commits suicide

No comments:

Post a Comment