Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sept. 11: Cop held for sexually harassing new recruit

TNN | Sep 11, 2011, 04.10AM IST
AJMER: A new recruit, undergoing training at Rajasthan Police Training School in Kishangarh, was sexually harassed by a constable on Friday.

The accused has been detained and an inquiry has been ordered. A case was registered against him by Madanganj police on Saturday.

According to sources, a newly recruited constable was on guard duty at the night in the training school. One constable Jet Ram came to his post and scolded him for being "careless on duty".

"He asked me to come with him to Barrack No 3 and I followed him," said the complainant later.

"He asked me to remove my shirt and pants and lie down on the bed. He then started the sexual act with me. Though I cried for help he forced me to remain silent," he said in his complaint.

Hearing his cries, other newly recruited candidates reached the place and they called senior police officers. "The matter was reported to commandant D D Singh and Jet Ram was detained in the training institute," a source said.

No comments:

Post a Comment