Monday, October 17, 2011

Oct 17, 2011: Woman found murdered in north Delhi

Prerna Sodhi, TNN | Oct 17, 2011, 02.35AM IST
NEW DELHI: A 23-year-old woman was found brutally murdered inside her one-room flat in Jahangirpuri on Saturday. Her two children, Rohan (2), and two-month-old Rolly were also present in the room when the murder took place.

Naresh Gupta (30), who runs a momo stall, discovered his wife's body when he returned home at Saturday night.
Naresh told TOI that he had left for work around 7pm. When he got back at 11, he found his wife dead on the floor. His two-month-old daughter was asleep and his son sat there watching his mother.
"I saw blood at the entrance of our room. I rushed in to find my wife lying in a pool of blood. I shouted for help and carried her downstairs. At first I thought she must have had a fall and injured her head, but on going close I saw that her throat had been slit," said Naresh.
"We have registered a case of murder and are examining the case from all angles. Prima facie, we cannot rule out robbery or personal enmityWe received a PCR call at 11.27pm and the deceased had been discovered lying on the floor while the children were present in the same room
," said deputy commissioner of police (northwest) Meenu Choudhary. "The family has named some suspects and we are investigating the matter," she said.
Naresh alleged that two days ago he had been threatened by two of his employees when he sacked them. He had fired these men on October 13 after they demanded a leave in violation of their earlier agreement. "When I hired them in September, I told them they would not get leave before Diwali. When they asked for a holiday, I refused and they told me they wanted to leave," said Naresh. "After I fired them, they threatened me with dire consquences," said Naresh.
"I paid them Rs 2,000 for their services, but they demanded Rs 3,000 - the amount promised to them after working for at least 3 months. When I refused they told me that I would suffer for doing this," said Naresh.
Naresh and Abha got married in 2007. The couple, from Samastipur in Bihar, had moved in to the flat in Jahangirpuri four years back.
Naresh said Abha wanted to fast for him on Karva Chauth. "Rolly was born by caesarean section and Abha was still recuperating. So I told her not to fast," said Naresh.
The couple's landlord said they were good tenants and never created any trouble. "Abha was hard working and helped her husband with his work," said Mamta Kumar, the landlady. It was Mamta and her husband who called the police, after Naresh raised an alarm.

No comments:

Post a Comment