Saturday, October 22, 2011

Oct 22, 2011: Teenager gangraped in city

TNN | Oct 22, 2011, 12.40PM IST
BHUBANESWAR: A 16-year-old girl was allegedly raped by three men while she was waiting to catch a bus at the Baramunda bus stand within Khandagiri police limits here on Wednesday night. The matter came to light after the girl was rescued and subsequently handed over to a shelter house on Thursday.
Though the girl told media persons that she lodged a complaint at the Khandagiri police station on Thursday, police said she has not filed any FIR. "We have not received any complaint," a police officer said. "I was waiting to catch a bus to go to my uncle's house at Bhanjanagar in Ganjam district. A man came to me and offered me cold drink. He took me to his house and raped me. Two of his friends also forced themselves on me," she said.
The girl said she had fled from her house in Cuttack. "My parents used to torture me. So I fled," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment