Saturday, October 29, 2011

Oct 29, 2011: 'TV actor' alleges she was raped

TNN | Oct 29, 2011, 02.40AM IST
PANCHKULA: A 27-year-old Mohali woman has alleged raped by a Panchkula resident on Thursday. The woman, who claims to have worked in some TV serials, said Atul Kumar of Sector 11 raped her after giving her cold drink laced with intoxicant on the Morni road.

In her statement to the police, the victim said, "I have worked in some TV serials and now stay at home with my husband. I know Atul for the past four months. He used to claim that he knows directors and producers and would get me work. It was on Thursday that Atul called me around 1pm and said that one of his director friends had come to DT mall and I should come and meet him."
She said when she reached the mall, Atul told her that the director friend has left for Morni where the shooting of some movie was going on. "I then joined Atul to Morni in his car. On our way, Atul offered me a cold drink laced with some intoxicant and raped me in the car. Later, he threatened me of dire consequences if I told about the incidence to anyone. He dropped me to DT mall from where I called my husband," she said.
According to sources, Atul denied knowing the victim, saying he went to the mall after lunch on Thursday but only to get movie tickets. No arrests made till the filing of the report. Talking to TOI, additional SHO, Chandimandir, Malkit Singh said, "We are trying to locate Atul."

No comments:

Post a Comment